Our client is a global company with their headquarters in the Memphis area. The Human Resources department is adding an Administrative Assistant to support the team from 7:30 - 4:30 Monday - Friday in the Collierville location.
This position provides administrative support to various members of Executive and Senior Level Management in Strategic Resources.
- Provide administrative support in the suite.
- Provide full support for scheduling and making travel arrangements.
- Create and maintain a variety of reports
- Create and maintain presentations utilizing PowerPoint.
- Receive and direct visitors and clients.
- Support in managing, approving and processing expenses, invoices, etc.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Maintain databases.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- General administrative duties (faxes, e-mails, shipping, filing, phone, reports, etc.).
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced.
- Perform work related errands as required.
- Coordinate and maintain vacation reporting as required.
- Coordinate and maintain calendars as required. Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary.
- Provide backup for Receptionist.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Planning and organizing
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of related administrative assistant, secretarial and/or clerical experience. An Associate’s Degree in a related field may substitute for required experience. Experience is preferred.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office – specifically MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Ability to manage confidential information.