The Account Associate will provide support to the Account Management team in providing daily client service.
- Prior customer service experience and insurance industry knowledge preferred, but not required
- Proactive, customer service focus
- Good attention to detail and ability to self-check work
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, professional demeanor and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Sets priorities and manages work-flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Must be comfortable with internet-based programs and other Office products
- High School Graduate. 4-year college degree preferred
- Currently hold life and disability insurance license (or must obtain it within 6 months following date of employment) and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance
- Expected to further industry education through insurance courses
- Act as a back-up for the Account Manager when they are out of the office.
- Work with Internal Partners, Clients and Carriers to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding issues.
- May need to request information from clients and carrier partners to initiate and complete the renewal process and ongoing service issues.
- May need to request and prepare basic analytical reports in conjunction with the Account Management Team.
- Assist with ongoing client issues, including but not limited to: billing, enrollment, member claims.
- Make Account Management Team aware of any escalated issues.
- Assist in preparation client materials for RFPs, renewals, new business presentations, analytical reviews and any other communication materials that may be needed.
- Assist in completion of sold case paperwork and implementation of clients with new carriers.
- Maintain client data in agency management system.
- Assist with review of all client plan documents for accuracy within 30 days of receipt.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.