An ideal Account Manager candidate will have solid problem-solving skills, the ability to be adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines, and be able to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels.
- Responsible for account management of the largest and most complex group benefit accounts.
- Will work with self-funded medical programs and stop loss arrangements.
- Works at a strategic level to develop and retain consultative, partnership relationships with customers/ prospects.
- Develops, executes and monitors comprehensive customer service plans that reflect the customer's business and risk management goals.
- 3+ years of insurance experience
- Proactive, customer service focus
- Experience with fully-insured, self-funded and alternate funded health programs
- Knowledge of the full range of Group Employee Benefit products – medical, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.; including applicable carrier networks, carrier administrative guidelines, and compliance requirements
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Serve as day-to-day contact for all clients, both internal and external.
- Assist with client issues, including but not limited to: billing, enrollment, member claims
- Make Account Executive and/or Producer aware of any escalated issues.
- Prepare data for all RFPs and manage the marketing process for clients.
- Assist in preparation of renewal and new business proposals.
- Assist in completion of sold case paperwork and implementation of clients with new carriers.
- Prepare open enrollment materials and assist client with employee meetings as needed.
- Work with the Director of Compliance and Director of Communications on client initiatives.
- Maintain client data in Benefit Admin System.
- Review all policy documents for accuracy within 30 days of receipt.