Position Summary: supports HR activities, projects and initiatives.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts background and reference checks, and employee eligibility verifications; conducts new hire orientation.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations; recommends disciplinary action.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Ensures confidentiality, timeliness, and integrity of employee records.
- Supports employee recognition programs and recognition events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS degree in HR or related field preferred, or equivalent years of experience required.
- 3 + years of experience as a HR Generalist.
- Prior experience in the warehousing, 3PL and/or DC preferred.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment law, compliance and regulations.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, HRIS, and related applications.