We are looking for an engaging hospitality professional to serve as the Customer Care / Front Desk Associate for a newly built, 140 room, Marriott branded hotel in North Charleston, SC. This position will assist our guests efficiently, courteously, and professionally in all Front Desk related functions. This is a great entry level opportunity for a person with a service minded attitude looking to enter the hospitality industry.
JOB DUTIES :
1. Provides courteous guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests, and complaints.
2. Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
3. Maintains information and communication sources such as room rack, phone rack, logbook, and Guest Services Directory.
4. Keeps records and reports as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual. Maintains order and cleanliness at the front desk.
5. Handles accounting of money, receipts, guest accounts, and credit through operation of the cash register and completion of reports required to ensure company funds are secure.
6. Assists guests on arrival and departure through efficient and accurate check-in and check-out procedures.
7. Keeps current knowledge of marketing programs, special rates, and promotions applicable to the hotel and presents to guests.
8. Operates the telephone console and uses good telephone etiquette when taking incoming calls, outgoing calls and wake-up calls.
9. Processes incoming and outgoing reservation and cancellation requests received by mail, telephone, in-person, and via the Central Reservation Center.
10. Complies with the hotel's safety/security rules and instructions in performing work efficiently while protecting self, fellow workers, and the hotel.
11. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
Requires the ability to take written and verbal direction. It requires the ability to relate to the public in a warm, friendly manner in providing a hospitable environment. Requires the ability to give attention to detail and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently. Requires thorough knowledge of Solara Hospitality policies and procedures, for guest services. Requires ability to handle money, make a change and utilize office machines in the normal day-to-day activities
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be at least 18 years of age.
EDUCATION: Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of 4 years of high school.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in working with the public in a service industry is preferred, or related activities.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Requires ability to walk and stand during the entire working period of 8hours; requires the ability to lift 10 - 15 pounds on occasion.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS :
1. Reports to the General Manager or Assistant Manager.
2. Cooperates with all other team members.