Our client located in Bartlett, TN is searching for an Accounts Payable clerk to join their team. This position is responsible for compiling, maintaining and processing accounts payable records, invoices and payments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles matching invoices to Purchase Orders and post into the computer system.
- Reviews, codes, verifies, prices, changes and approves all invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment
- Generates accounts payable checks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Files paid and unpaid invoices and statements.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Performs filing and coping.
- Researches and solves invoice discrepancies.
- Performs reconciliation of invoices and Purchase Orders.
- Handles adjustments to accounts as needed.
- Assists with front desk as necessary.
- Communicates problems and progress with CFO.
- Responds to change productively and handles other essential duties as required or assigned.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent; and two or more years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness,
- Basic math skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Heath/Vision, Dental, Life (some employee contribution)
- 401k plan
- Vacation 40 hours after 1 year, personal PTO 16 hrs after 6 mos, then 32hrs/year after 1 year employment.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Body Positions: Regularly required sitting, standing, and walking for pro-longed periods of time.
Body Movements: Full range of body movements including the use of hands and fingers, to handle or feel objects, including computer equipment and peripherals, and bending, reaching, lifting, and crouching.
Body Senses: Must have command of all five senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Vision must be sufficient to read small type on documents. Must also hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone.
Strength: Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
Must be able to read and write well enough to communicate effectively with all persons concerned or related to the business. Must be able to read and prepare reports. Applies sound business judgment to all decisions.
Working in an office, that is smoke-free and climate controlled.
Work will include extended periods of time viewing a computer monitor and/or operating a keyboard.