The Project Manager will work within the vision and mission of our client to oversee multiple construction projects. This position understands the basic concepts laid out in the core competencies and has carried out assigned tasks within them. This Project Manager is expected to execute all assignments in a timely and highly accurate manner, forecast and initiate basic project plan requirements. This position will assist the Development/Pre-Construction Team with limited direction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Resource and Management Team Leader
- Initiates the project plan, closely monitors the execution of the work
- Drives accountability metrics across all functional areas of project operations
- Deliver results on plan, overcomes all obstacles, communicates progress and timely support requirements
- Assist in the solicitation for Bids and build project interest
- Develop scopes of work for each division of the work using architectural and Owner specifications
- Assist in negotiation with subcontractors to ensure scope of work, performance and schedule requirements are met
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables Plan and Procurement:
- Create and track Mobilization Check list
- Develop project specific plans including site, site excavation, footing and foundations, enclosure and project logistics
- Develop and maintain: construction schedules, submittal schedules, procurement schedule, project closeout schedules and schedules for Owner provided items.
- Drive the project through tight controls on all procurement activities so as to support the superintendent and construction team.
- Work with client’s Safety Director to develop project specific plans and monitor compliance
- Work in coordination with the site superintendent, and other key personnel, subcontractors and suppliers and provide them with timely construction documentation management
- Identify and solve potential problems to minimize financial and overall risk
- Assist and manage financial aspects of the Project including, but not limited to, budget review and approval, cost reports, cost allocation, fee payments, subcontractor’s payment, monthly billing to the Owner, etc. for compliance with the project requirements and the company’s goals
- Implement and manage project Potential Change Items (PCIs) changes and intervene to achieve project objectives.
- Present monthly project reports including cost/budget, schedule, Quality Control Quality Assurance, safety and forecasts
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and safety laws
- Ability to read and interpret plans, and issues clear RFIs regarding questions from construction team
- Ability to plan, lay out, and supervise work of subordinates
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with associates
- Positive attitude with effective time and cost management, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrates experience in managing large construction projects
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to prioritize work to meet scheduled deadlines while handling multiple tasks
- Must be able to analyze information and develop a budget
- Ability to function as a team player
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required
Education and experience:
4-year college degree, Desirable study concentration in construction
5+ years of experience with a production residential, multi-family, or commercial builder
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the jobs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, sit, bend, squat, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms in an office setting. Specific use of speech and hearing to communicate in person and by telephone; vision to read handwritten and printed material and computer screen; and lift moderate weight.