This position will provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining reports addressing job costing
- Ability to assist with inventory management
- Credit card system management – review data upload, monitor payments, complete spend analysis and other reporting for management
- Create, present, and analyze monthly financial reporting
- Accounts payable management – reviewing, recording, and paying Vendors in a timely, accurate manner.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and necessary approval prior to payment
- Prioritize payments according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Ensure records are maintained to meet 1099 reporting requirements, including W9s on file
- Execute automation initiatives to streamline and minimize paper processing
- Create purchase orders and sales orders to properly track the billing and payment cycle for each project
- Accounts receivable management – compiling invoices, recording and receiving payments
- Utilizing AIA formatting
- Collection of aged accounts receivable
- Collaborating with project managers to ensure timely review and submittal of invoices
- Help to ensure that accounting follows appropriate accounting standards and guidelines
- Improve internal controls where necessary and efficiency opportunities
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy
- Sales and Use Tax management – timely calculate, file, record, and reconcile sales and use taxes as required by law
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure proper licensing in various states
- Assist with contract management to ensure timely billing, collection, and all necessary information is provided to customers.
- Ability to keep up to date information to ensure timely reporting as requested
- Recruit qualified employees to hire
- Onboard employees and ensure proper documentation is received.
- Maintain employee records in electronic and paper form
- Assist with employee reprimand, termination, and appraisal evaluations
- Ensure compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety and other laws regulations and requirements
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resource practices
- Manage worker’s compensation injury claims and benefits
- Assist with any administrative tasks such as field telephone calls, receive and direct visitors, maintain and order office supplies and run errands as needed.
- Ensure OSHA training compliance, record-keeping and annual filing.
- Create and distribute safety material to all appropriate staff members
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Compile and submit insurance audits
- Respond to management and employees in a timely manner
- Ability to deal with confidential material
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management and ownership
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Must maintain a strong work ethic
- Must be detail oriented, professional attitude, and reliable
- Tech savvy and have experience of working in a paperless environment
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, knowledge of basic accounting principles, resolution skills, data analysis, multi- tasking skills and attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures and financial chart of accounts
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timelinessEducation and experience:
Education and experience:
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience in Human Resources
- 2 – 5 years of Accounting experience
- Accounting degree is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience with job costing
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the jobs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, sit, bend, squat, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms in an office setting. Specific use of speech and hearing to communicate in person and by telephone; vision to read handwritten and printed material and computer screen; and lift moderate weight. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.