Our client is a third generation, family run business. The main facility is in Memphis plus 3 additional remote facilities. They are seeking a Human Resource Generalist to join their team. Our client is in the manufacturing and distribution business, meaning the successful candidate will be able to work at all levels within the ~100 employee organization. The company believes in a customer first model, and this person needs to share that belief.
- The HR Generalist will serve as the first point of contact for all HR issues for employees and managers
- Manage full cycle talent acquisition process, including recruitment, sourcing, selection assessment, ad generation and postings for effective exposure to attract high quality candidates. Conduct background verifications and prepare offer letters
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals
- Keeps records of hired employee characteristics for governmental reporting purposes
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Create and deliver presentations of various nature to employees and managers
- Keeps record of insurance coverage, pension plan, 401k and personnel transactions and performance reviews
- Prepares annual budget of human resources operations
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Create and implement a talent development process to support employees career progression within the organization
- Represents organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as transportation, or relocation service
- Administer all types of leaves of absence and file claims as required
- Administer all required Drug testing programs
- Track and process the Driver’s Safety Program
- Prepare end of year documents for “personal mileage” tax adjustments
- Backup the Payroll Administrator
- Plan and execute all employee luncheons, outings and various meeting
- Bachelors degree
- SHRM certification and current knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Two to four years related experience in a similar size organization
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience