Our client is a global, public company seeking a leader for Payroll. The Payroll Supervisor will be responsible for all aspects of payroll operations, systems, and processes & integration and, in addition, oversee vendor maintenance. This role also encompasses creating timely, accurate, and compliant payrolls, making improvements to currently existing processes, and creating exceptional employee experiences.
- Supervise a Team of 3-4 well seasoned payroll associates
- Monitor all internal and external audits
- Maintain internal safeguards by managing record keeping and control systems
- Payroll analysis
- Make current processes better by proposing, heading, and working on projects
- Work closely with senior executives and cross-functional business leaders by providing information and responding to any questions
- Oversee pre- and post-payroll auditing/reconciling procedures and troubleshoot anomalies
- Partner with other areas in Finance, as well as Human Resources, Tax, IT, and other departments as necessary for reporting, compliance and strategic analysis
- Complete weekly, monthly, and special compensation payroll runs, as well as understand pay policies (LOA, disability, worker's compensation, vacation, bonus, etc.) and ensure correct amounts/deductions are applied to different earnings codes in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws
- Work with fellow members of senior Finance leadership team
- Responsible for ensuring all aspects of the payroll cycle, including tax, benefits, garnishments, etc. are processed, reconciled, audited and transmitted accurately and timely for Businesses assigned.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll impacting changes, tax forms, payments and payroll processing
- Responsible for quality control and auditing to ensure accuracy and low error or defect percentage
- Process employee payroll, including oversight of timekeeping records and/or historical entries
- Input special payments, e.g. commission and deduction adjustments as needed
- Prepare payroll processing checklist in order to balance reported payroll changes and payment of wages
- Perform pre-payroll audits and balancing prior to required transmission approvals
- Perform post-payroll processing tasks as may be required by the business
- Prepare and process off cycle payments as needed
- Acquires and retains in-depth working knowledge of all payroll systems’ functionality to independently research and resolve payroll issues
- Perform quarterly audits on all payroll data as needed and requested
- Collaborate with payroll team to ensure accurate year-end reconciliation and timely preparation of W2s.
- Participate in other ad hoc payroll projects and opportunities as assigned
- Vendor/Supplier maintenance in ERP system
- Supervise Payroll Team
- At least five (5) years of payroll processing experience in a high-volume payroll operation
- At least two (2) years of experience supervising a Payroll Team.
- Requires a clear understanding of payroll, benefits and taxation and an understanding of applicable legislative requirements
- End-to-end payroll processing experience
- Multi State payroll processing experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, technically and effectively with internal partners
- Good analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent data entry skills and accuracy.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Supervisory skills to manage Payroll team
- Experience with processing payroll utilizing Ceridian Dayforce HCM preferred
- 1,000+ employee payroll processing experience preferred
- Multi-client payroll processing experience preferred
- FPC (Fundamental payroll certification) or CPP (Certified Professional Payroll certification)