Our client is a Commercial Real Estate company. They are searching for a Leasing Manager to join their team in Memphis. This position manages and directs the daily activities of the Leasing Department in accordance with Company policies and standards. Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize, and organize workload, and relationship management skills are required to work with various internal and external stakeholders to achieve goals.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for all leasing functions, which may include reviewing and negotiating business aspects of lease transactions and agreements.
• Maintain regular contact with tenants, monitor lease expirations to ensure achievement of renewal goals.
• Responds to RFP’s for spaces and reviews proposals submitted by leasing agents. Instructs leasing agents on negotiable items.
• Develop and grow relationships with national, regional and local tenants, as well as tenant brokers, businesses, civic groups, associations and individuals to achieve desired occupancy.
• Effectively utilize all internal support groups to support business and takes initiative to identify and communicate business needs to other functional areas throughout the organization including the design and property management teams.
• Oversees completion of all necessary paperwork and ensures proper customer service. Responsible for the productivity of the leasing operations department.
• Develops and implements polices and procedures to improve efficiency and profitability.
• Monitors trends for competition in the marketplace.
• Ensures spaces are efficiently and effectively made market ready for new occupants.
• Responds to tenants’ complaints or relations issues.
• Provides effective and rapid response to emergency situations as needed.
• Oversees completion of all necessary paperwork and maintenance of files.
1. Knowledge of local laws governing landlord/tenant relationships.
2. Ability to interpret lease language regarding tenant responsibility vs. landlord responsibility.
5. Time management.
7. Relationship management.
8. Organization and problem-solving skills.
9. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Supervisory Responsibility This position directly supervises leasing agents.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position is expected to be on-call. May be required to work outside normal business hours without advanced notice.
This position is a salaried position that also receives commission.
Travel: Local travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• 5 years of experience in property management or leasing.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Must have a valid driver’s license.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
Must be able to legally work in the United States.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands This is largely a sedentary role; however, touring of building and spaces throughout various Olymbec owned properties is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb stairs; squat; kneel; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Driving is required.