Our client is searching for an IT Coordinator for the Memphis office of this real estate company. The IT Coordinator works with the Chief Technology Officer to oversee and coordinate all IT infrastructure, U.S. helpdesk support, fire and safety, and access control for the company’s properties. The IT Coordinator is accountable for managing and monitoring network connectivity, contractors, and reporting status on a regular basis. The IT Coordinator must communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally. The IT Coordinator shall work with the entire IT team and use independent judgement to make appropriate decisions. 40% travel to company locations required.
• Support the Chief Technology Officer
• Primary point of contact for U.S. Technology department
• Coordinate and prioritize U.S. IT tasks and deliverables
• Create task lists to achieve company goals
• Comply with company policies and procedures
• Plan, install, and maintain camera systems
• Advise and maintain fire and security systems
• Install and maintain the IT infrastructure
• Maintain and control the assets of the IT department
• Provide limited helpdesk support
• Provide help with all low voltage needs of the company
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work independently and in a team
• Ability to develop cooperative working relationships with vendors and contractors
Work Environment • This job requires working in commercial spaces including but not limited to industrial, warehouse, and office environments. • This position will require working indoors and outdoors in various climate conditions ranging from very hot to very cold with rain to very hot and humid. This may include confined locations.
Required Education and Experience • High school diploma/GED • Drivers’ license
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree • Low voltage certification • Experience working in a Microsoft enterprise environment • Camera system installations • Fire systems experience Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. May be required to work overtime without notice. Expected to be on call for any emergencies related to company properties in the United States. Travel 40%- overnight travel to properties throughout the U.S. is required. Local travel to company properties in the Greater Memphis area is required daily
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be able to legally work in the United States.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Regularly requires sitting, walking, bending, and lifting for prolonged periods of time. • The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands feet and fingers to handle or feel objects and must be capable of bending, reaching, and crouching. • Able to handle or feel objects and use tools and equipment and must be capable of bending, reaching, crouching, climbing and crawling. • Must have command of all five senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face for long periods of time. • Must be able to lift 40 pounds. • Must be able to climb and work on ladders. • Driving required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.