Primarily responsible for providing support to the CEO through clerical work, arranging travel, email correspondence, maintaining calendars, and arranging conferences and meetings
· Travel arrangements
· Run reports
· Keep calendar up to date
· Schedule meetings
· Communicate with internal and external contacts on behalf of CEO
· Keep office space organized
· High School Diploma or GED, college preferred
· Exceptional Communication Skills
· Travel arrangement skills
· Microsoft office skills – Intermediate to Advanced (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Excellent communicator
· Technologically savvy
· Great judgement
· Team player
· Detail oriented
· Time management master
· Industry savvy
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Provides guidance and leadership to employees and/or customers for daily activities and assigned projects or tasks
· Participates in performance evaluation of personnel performance (does not directly supervise)
· May have project management responsibilities
· Extensive contact with others and usually involve several areas within the business and/or with community, government, business leaders, and customers. Typically handles highly sensitive and/or confidential information.
· Requires moderate interpersonal and communication skills to ensure that customer requests or needs are met. Acknowledges and clarifies customer inquiries, requests, or complaints to ensure that needs are identified, documented and addressed.
· Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies and/or precedents. There is some budget responsibility and expenditure authority.
· Develops strategic direction, goals, plans and policies for an area of responsibility. Sets broad objectives and is accountable for overall results in respective area of responsibility. Authority to make independent decisions on matters of significance. Requires high degree of independent judgment and problem solving of complex problems.