This Manager of Rebates and Returns Receivables is responsible for overseeing, developing and working with the Accounting team to manage inventory returns, warranty and rebate receivables. This role will also have heavy interaction with Operations Managers, Accounts Payable, Product Management and also third-party vendors as necessary. Additionally, this position will be responsible for developing and implementing accounting policies and procedures, controls and reports for field and corporate management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management, coaching and mentoring of a team of accounting staff direct reports
- Perform detailed reconciliations in areas to include: Parts returns, Core returns, Warranty claims and returns, Supplier rebates and Credit memos
- Lead and manage daily and monthly reconciliations and close-related activities for assigned areas of responsibility
- Reconciliation of Vendor AR sub-ledger to general ledger and corresponding analysis to assess reserve requirements
- Prepare weekly and monthly analysis for outstanding receivables, unapplied credit memos and applied, but not matched credit memos
- Issue weekly and monthly analysis and reports of related items (9-month write-offs, partial balances collected, unapplied credit memos, etc.)
- Ensure collections and settlement of returns and rebates are being performed timely
- Ensure application and matching of credit memos received from vendors are being performed properly and timely to offsetting accounts
- Maintain the accounting, internal controls and reporting analysis for specified area of business
- Partner with the Product Management team as well as Regional and Retail management to provide transparency of part and core returns, warranty claims, customer and internal rebates
- Particularly with the Operations Managers, explain monthly adjustments that impact their financial statements
- Contribute to strategic projects and initiatives as needed
Successful Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- 3 -5 years of overall accounting & finance experience
- Management experience preferred
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and auditing practices and principles
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to work with remote teams and communicate effectively with senior management
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to drive cross-functional projects with operations, product management, sales, finance and human resources
- Proven ability to work independently and autonomously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to research accounting questions/concerns and present clear, concise and actionable findings for management review
- Expert knowledge in performing detailed balance sheet reconciliations and related impact on income statement
- Demonstrated ability to look at the root cause of process and efficiency issues and provide solutions
- Innovative mindset, who can effectively use and improve existing business processes, systems & tools
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the associate may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some movement from area to area, transporting of items such as a laptop computer, paper, books, luggage and small parts; driving an automobile, etc.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- While performing the primary duties of the job, the associate is regularly exposed to general office environment. Approximately less than 5% of time will be travel related.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check