Our client is a young, quickly growing startup whiskey distillery in Memphis, TN. They are seeking a sharp Accounting/Financial mind to handle their portfolio of bourbons and rye whiskies in surrounding areas as well as on the national level.
Position: Accountant and Financial Analyst
- Bachelors or master’s degree in tax, or accounting
- Active CPA license
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting, sales, and operations data.
- Works collaboratively with the CFO, CEO, Director of Marketing, and Director of Operations.
- Advises management on department level reporting requirements.
- Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information; A/R, A/P, etc.
- Maintain entries in QuickBooks
- Maintains a calendar of critical financial events and deadlines.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options, identifying areas of improvement, and implementing improvements to the process.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents and maintaining easily identifiable and traceable records.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting evolving accounting policies and regulations.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.