The Account Manager performs a multifaceted array of duties in support of the day-to-day operations of the insurance agency. Major activities include customer service, correspondence, creating spreadsheets, interaction with agents, carriers and clients, assembling proposals, filing, completing/processing applications, payments and enrollments, collecting data and systematic follow up to insure accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as liaison between customer (group client, insured, carrier) and agency, client or carrier via telephone, email, letter or in person.
- Work with client/writing agent/benefit consultant to obtain all relevant information for quotes, plan design and proposals. Submit information to carrier, follow up and receive quotes in timely manner. Prepare spreadsheet(s) comparing quotes and in preparation of proposal for client.
- Review and finalize spreadsheet comparing quotes for presentation to client.
- Work with client/writing agent/benefit consultant on carrier eligibility requirements, employer contributions, care management and prior authorization expectations and network coverage limitations.
- Work with client/writing agent/benefit consultant to determine contribution and eligibility strategies that best meet client needs.
- Maintain client privacy and confidentiality in accordance with all federal, state, local and company requirements. Promptly notify Supervisor of any questions or suspected issues with confidentiality or privacy.
- Obtain and maintain current insurance license at the appropriate licensure level in accordance with applicable state law.
- Work together with client and/or clients authorized agent to insure accurate and timely deductions for group plans.
- Conduct and/or assist with group enrollment (new and recurring open) according to carrier requirements and agency procedures. Prep and review enrollment forms for submission to Carrier. Function as liaison between group and carrier to identify enrollment errors. Coordinate enrollment adds and deletes with billing reconciliation efforts.
- Assist customers with policy questions and change requests. Notify Supervisor of any non standard or inappropriate requests.
- Per carrier requirements and agency procedures, process new applications and payments, document payment receipt and forward to carrier.
- File/Scan all applications, notes, quotes, proposals, contracts and correspondence in accordance with agency procedures.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Current licensed in state of Tennessee as life and health insurance agent
- Minimum 3 years insurance industry experience in account management and/or customer service
- 4 year college degree or equivalent (preferred)