Our client is a growing business in senior residential facilities. Due to growth, they are seeking shift nursing staff for facilities across Tennessee, including the Germantown, TN area.
The shift nurse will administer or assist residents to self-administer medications and treatments, measure weight and vital signs, and perform other health services tasks. Communicate with physicians, implement physician orders, and report and document pertinent information. Adhere to home health, hospice, and emergency protocols. Act as community supervisor when management staff is not present. Supervise Resident Assistants to ensure daily completion of their duties.
All responsibilities are to be performed within scope of practice per state or provincial regulations.
- Administer or assist residents to self-administer medications and treatments.
- Measure vital signs and weight.
- Collect, store, and ensure transport of certain specimens for laboratory studies.
- Adhere to all medication room systems per policy.
- Communicate with physicians via telephone, fax, and Physician Communication forms.
- Implement physician orders.
- Ensure physician orders, laboratory reports, and other data is scanned and filed in resident charts.
- Document pertinent information in Nursing Notes and elsewhere per policy (e.g., incident reports).
- Communicate with Well-Being Director per policy.
- Adhere to home health and hospice protocols.
- Adhere to emergency protocols, including performing CPR and administering first aid as necessary.
- Act as community supervisor when management staff is not present.
- Supervise Resident Assistants to ensure daily completion of their duties.
- Assist in the development and revision of service plans by informing Well-Being Director of current resident needs and preferences as well as successful service approaches.
- Take notice of resident concerns (as reported by Resident Assistants or Medication Attendants, as listed in Observation and Reporting sections of Charge Nurse/Medication Assistant Resource or in service plans) and report such problems to Resident Care Well-Being Director.
- Read Communication Log at beginning of each shift; enter pertinent information in Communication Log by end of each shift.
- Read Shift Change Notes at beginning of each shift; enter pertinent information in Shift Change Notes by end of each shift.
- Perform other duties as directed by Well-Being Director.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Meet state or provincial health related requirements.
- Maintain current professional license if LPN/LVN.
- Maintain current CPR certification if LPN/LVN.
- Maintain any other certifications as required by state or provincial regulations.
Physical Demands include: Standing, Walking, Sitting, Bending, Reaching, Pushing, Pulling, Climbing Stairs, Grasping, Manual Dexterity, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Vision Acuity, Talking, and Hearing. The weight determined to be appropriate for a Nurse to lift with or without reasonable accommodations is up to 50 lbs.