Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is immediately needed for a client based in Nashville, TN. Our client offers fabrication, manufacturing, construction and design of custom controls with government entities being their largest clients. The company is over $20M in revenue, over 50 employees that work at multiple client locations, and has more than $2M in inventory.
The CFO will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and leading all aspects of the financial accounting function in areas of strategic direction, procedure development and financial reporting in order to meet the demands of internal clients, ownership, investors, lenders, auditors, governmental agencies and any other stakeholder.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in the development of the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take a hands-on, lead position of evolving and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Standardize accounting practices, procedures and controls; ensure that standard accounting practices and processes are followed throughout the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Work with the development and acquisition teams to ensure construction in progress is accurately billed and recorded and tax implications are understood.
- Manage the relationships with independent auditors, bankers and other outside vendors.
- Manage special projects.
- Provide guidance and training to construction accounting department regarding financial policies and procedures.
- Build an organization that effectively supports the goals of the company and team by hiring, and developing and retaining qualified staff.
- Oversee, monitor, and adhere to department's budget, goals, and schedules.
- Develop and deliver quality projects from inception to close-out on time, within scope and budget.
- Manage all HR functions for the organization
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent knowledge of excel needed.
- Demonstrated high-level leadership, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Must have strong grasp of GAAP and commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the accounting field.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and relationship skills, with the demonstrated ability to deal effectively with associates at all levels, vendors, clients and any other outside party.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and be detail-oriented.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field with a CPA designation preferred.
- 7-12 years of progressive accounting, finance, and managerial experience required.
- Prior construction industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics XL
- Must be able to verbally communicate with associates and outside parties.
- Lifting requirements range from 5 to 10lbs no more than 5% of the time.
- Must be able to work long hours, sitting and standing for several hours at a time.
- This position will oversee the in-house accounting and finance teams.
Statement of Notices:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our client provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.