Our client’s Human Resource Manager will be responsible for the daily HR operations to ensure they have the talent needed to support the business plan. This position will direct policy and coordinate human resources activities, such as recruitment, compensation administration, employee relations, benefits administration, training and development, and employee relations. The position may supervise a clerical assistant.
- Develops and maintains human resource processes that meets management & company needs.
- Advises and assists in company’s employee relations activities. Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation. Assists in recruiting, interviewing, and testing employees to fill vacant positions.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation when necessary, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind turnover.
- Maintains records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Administers benefits programs and maintain records of plan participants for company offered programs. [Health, dental and life insurance, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, employee assistance and 401k].
- Process weekly payroll and manage relationship with outside PEO firm.
- Coordinates training and development in various areas needed for employee development.
- Administers the performance management program and merit increase program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization. Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Assists with coordinating with outside suppliers to provide employment services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations. Prepares reports and recommends procedures and policies for improvement. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Proactively analyze/interpret information and make recommendations which optimize business performance
- Work in environment of minimal supervision
- Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of issues
- Consult with site facilities regarding operations, reporting, and financial improvements
- High attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated results achievement along with a high degree of integrity
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- 7 - 9 experience in a manufacturing environment operating as a Business partner or HR generalist
- HR Certifications such as PHR or SPHR is preferred
- Experience in employee relations, organizational development & planning, talent management, and compensation/rewards.
- Typical office environment in both the corporate office and shipping/manufacturing facility.