Position Title: Commercial Lines Account Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Primary Function: To be responsible for assisting Producers in writing new business and servicing existing business on commercial accounts and providing prompt, accurate and courteous services to clients, companies, and Producers.
- Ensure that the client has the best possible service and that their full insurance needs are met.
- Complete Production Reports as requested.
- Assist Producer in marketing and quoting all new and renewal commercial accounts. Review all proposals for accuracy and thoroughness before being presented.
- Receive, document and process an insured’s request for service and submit necessary information to companies and clients to ensure proper coverage is in place.
- Assist in review and marketing of all account renewals as directed by Producer.
- Assist Accounting Department in all billing and collection matters, issuing invoices on new and renewal business and processing finance agreements as needed.
- Issue Certificates of Insurance, Evidences of Property, and other proofs of insurance. Issue binders, upon request, and extend binders when needed.
- Assist in handling bond business, if needed, or coordinate efforts with our Bond Department to ensure clients’ needs are met.
- Complete applications in a timely and accurate manner for new and renewal business.
- Maintain accurate policy / client details in management system on all accounts, updating information when needed.
- Notify producer, Accounting and an agency owner in the event of the bankruptcy of an account.
- Process audits as a priority, billing if applicable, and follow up for prompt payment.
- Maintain practical and technical knowledge to meet the requirements of the position, including but not limited to understanding P&C lines of coverage, understanding how to rate and market accounts properly and understanding how to use the technology and resources available to their fullest extent.
- Follow all systems and procedures set up by agency.
- Assist in training other employees at management’s request.
- Perform special requests and projects at management’s request.
- Maintain current, accurate documentation of all pertinent business-related activities and communications regarding clients’ accounts while following agency procedures and guidelines for the same, to ensure protection and security of sensitive client data and to document reasons for all changes and actions taken that impact the clients’ policies.