Position Title: Commercial Lines Account Associate
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Primary Function: Provide exemplary support to assigned Account Managers, Producers and Clients by processing new and renewal insurance policies, endorsements, audits, proofs of insurance and cancellations.
a. Maintain Property & Casualty Insurance License
b. Participate in internal and external training opportunities
c. Attend all mandatory Commercial Lines meetings and seminars
d. Learn all Commercial Lines Workflow Procedures and Policies, and remain up-to-date with procedural changes and new technology when introduced.
1. Process insurance policies, including the following:
a. Check policies thoroughly for accuracy.
b. Document discrepancies on the policy checklist.
c. Request endorsements (corrections) from the insurance carriers via the agency management system, when needed, following up to ensure requested changes are made by carriers in a timely and accurate manner.
d. Ensure information in the insurance policies matches the information presented in the proposal, in our agency management system and in binders, when applicable, and address all noted exclusions with the client, as needed.
e. Delivery policies to clients in a timely manner, documenting the method and date of delivery.
f. Maintain thorough and clear communications with clients throughout the process.
2. Process endorsements and follow up on all endorsement requests until completion; ensure invoicing is completed in a timely manner, if additional premium is due, and maintain proper documentation to validate why all changes are requested.
3. Maintain accurate information in agency management system.
a. Ensure client and policy details are accurate in the agency management system.
b. Update policy details, if and when necessary.
c. Maintain proper documentation of all transactions and client correspondence.
4. Issue certificates of insurance and proofs of insurance as a priority.
5. Extend binders for new and renewal policies, when required.
6. Process audits in a timely manner, setting appropriate follow-ups and completing invoicing when needed.
7. Assist Account Managers and Producers in marketing renewals by performing any tasks needed to help in the process.
8. Perform any specific duties assigned by the Account Manager or Producer to assist in the overall client service experience.
9. Rate certain types of policies upon request, including but not limited to flood and builder’s risk.
10. Maintain updated and accurate Driver Summaries, Location Schedules, Auto Schedules and other policy data, as needed.
11. Execute premium finance agreements as requested.
12. Request Loss Runs for assigned accounts and summarize data in Account Experience Loss Summaries.
13. Utilize agency management and document management system as specified in agency procedures.
14. Always communicate and perform all aspects of the position in a professional manner, as a representative of the agency, when working with clients, insurance company representatives, coworkers, and other vendors or contacts.
15. Respond to all emails and phone calls in a timely and professional manner.
16. Perform as an effective team player with a positive attitude, assisting the team in any way possible to accomplish the goal of achieving maximum client satisfaction.
17. Perform special requests and projects at management’s request.
18. Assist training others at management’s request.
19. Follow all systems and procedures set up by agency.
20. Maintain a predictable and reliable work schedule.
21. Maintain current, sound documentation of all pertinent business-related activities and communications regarding clients’ account while following agency procedures and guidelines for the same, to ensure protection and security of sensitive client data and to document reasons for all changes and actions taken that impact the clients’ account.