Position Title: Commercial Lines Account Associate Trainee
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Primary Function: Train in Commercial Lines Insurance, taking instruction from assigned Trainer(s), learning to perform routine tasks assigned to Account Associates on an independent basis and understanding basic insurance knowledge and terminology.
a. Complete internal orientation program 15 hrs
b. Complete Property & Casualty Licensing Class and Exam 40 hrs
c. Complete AAI and/or CLCS Coursework and Exams varies
d. Complete internal training plan under guidance of trainer(s) varies
e. Shadow Account Associates and Account Managers varies
f. Participate in internal and external training opportunities varies
g. Attend all mandatory Commercial Lines meetings and seminars varies
1. Study and learn basic commercial lines insurance coverages and terminology, understanding the “big picture” for the position and learning the details needed to perform the job independently.
2. Learn all aspects of the Commercial Lines Account Associate position in order to function independently in that position (see CL Account Associate Position Description for details).
3. Perform special projects at management’s request.
4. Follow all systems and procedures set up by the agency.
5. Maintain a predictable and reliable work schedule.