Our client is searching for a Chief Engineer to join their team to manage the engineering staff for 2 existing hotels. Our client is a hotel management company with locations across the United States and growing! They offer full benefits and opportunities for development and growth.
Responsible to manage all aspects of maintenance staff on a daily basis for 2 hotel properties in close proximity. Directs, coordinates and performs routine, preventive and emergency interior / exterior maintenance and repairs to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of hotel operations.
Directs the staff (Maintenance Technicians) through: hiring, training, performance reviews, scheduling, and meetings. Manage the department through: accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control and human resources.
Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering with positive attitude, Good communication skills and Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Familiar and complies with the hotels mission and standards in performing preventative maintenance activities.
- Maximise maintenance team potential with a balanced focus on operations, guests, employee and owners satisfaction.
- Represents the engineering department during the daily meetings providing recap of daily work.
- Prioritise, plan, schedule, assign and supervise the engineering department staff.
- Oversee the maintenance tasks, work orders and special projects ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Respond to guest's maintenance needs promptly and ensure guests receive professional, efficient prompt and courteous service to hotel standards.
- Maintain the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotel including physical, mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc.
- Installation & maintenance of all equipment related to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, Water treatment, Fire Safety, etc.
- Ensure proper records are kept relating to all plant and equipment for the hotel including repair and service records.
- Conduct and document regularly scheduled safety meetings
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials, equipment and tools and are kept in a clean and safe environment.
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness and safety aspects of all plant and mechanical equipment rooms.
- Attend all Facility Management/Property meetings as required, passing on necessary information to the maintenance team in regular meetings.
- Ensure the proper use and periodic maintenance of all equipment.
- Perform daily and weekly property document inspections.
- Ensure property, grounds, physical plant and work areas are maintained to standard and that all safety equipment and conditions are to code.
- Establish and maintain department equipment and supply inventory levels appropriate to property requirements
- Provide training to staff on supplies, inventory, maintenance and ordering procedures.
- Train engineering department staff on correct maintenance procedures and assists in repairs as needed.
- Maintain, monitor and test hotel's emergency and security systems, features like Fire Alarm, CCTV, baggage scanners etc.
- Practice safety standards at all times and be alert to hazardous conditions. Report or correct any hazardous conditions immediately
- Discuss with GM / Owner / Department heads maintenance status and inspection reports.
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs.
- Coordinate with the equipment suppliers for AMC and any outstanding issues.
- Ensure maintenance staff is wearing proper uniforms in accordance with Standards of Appearance.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience and 2 years supervisory experience in hotel or apartment setting.
- Hotel experience preferred, but not required.
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel as needed. Some weekends required.
- Proven experience in building a successful team
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work in US without sponsorship
- Basic computer/PC skills
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Able to carry and lift 50 lbs, able to push 100 lbs
- CPO certification
- Degree in Engineering, Hotel or Hospitality Management a plus