Our client in Suwanee, GA is seeking experienced EM7 Monitoring Specialist to join our team. The Monitoring engineer will work with different technical teams across the organization in order to determine scope for different monitoring solution designs. The individual will have to identify the requirements, architect and implement a monitoring solution utilizing ScienceLogic EM7. The infrastructure includes a wide range of systems, including VMware hypervisors, Cisco switches and virtual hosts, NetApp, Windows Server, Linux, and applications including Apache Tomcat, IIS, MySQL, SQL Server, and SAP.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following attributes: The Engineer needs to participate in the full life cycle of client implementation, including – Requirement gathering, Design, Build, Configuration, Testing and Support. The candidate will need to be able to interpret and analyze business requirements to identify risks and design appropriate solutions. The candidate must have current expertise level experience deploying and configuring ScienceLogic EM7 and must have expertise in utilizing EM7 for Fault Management, Chassis Management and Capacity/Performance Management.
Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
Key Skills and Experience Requirements
- 7+ years Monitoring systems design and implementation
- 7+ Configuration and documentation of monitoring systems
- Experience leading monitoring systems knowledge transfer within an organization
- Experience assisting technical teams in identifying false positive events and driving a highly tuned configuration
- Develop and maintain event notification distribution lists
- Maintain and administer monitoring database systems
- Understand and manage systems upgrade path
- Best practice for configuration management for all systems software components
- Primary resource implementing systems upgrades and maintenance
- Primary Level Two/Three support for monitoring and related database system
- Document Level One troubleshooting validation processes and train Level One staff
- Strong understanding of enterprise infrastructure and private cloud systems, such as SAN, converged networking, firewalls, routers, and virtual systems management
- Recent experience with the following; Cisco UCCE, CVP/VXML, CUCM, ESXi, CUCX-Unity Connection, Windows Server
- Familiarity with basic SQL database administrative tasks
- Familiarity with ITIL v2/v3 IT Service Management framework
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in complex systems architecture
- Preferred Current or nearly completed certifications in Cisco network administration, Windows Server, or Linux.
- Hands on SQL administration experience
- Strong Cisco Nexus, IOS/IOS-XE, and Unified Computing Servers (UCS)
- Strong Windows Server 2008 and Active Directory knowledge
- Hands-on Linux experience
- Recent experience with VMWare, NetApp
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent documentation, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Self-Motivated, Detail Oriented, Client Oriented