Our client is seeking EM7 Monitoring Specialist to join our team. The Monitoring engineer will work with different technical teams across the organization in order to determine scope for different monitoring solution designs. The individual will assist to identify the requirements, architect and implement a monitoring solution utilizing ScienceLogic EM7. Infrastructure includes a wide range of systems, including VMware hypervisors, Cisco switches and virtual hosts, NetApp, Windows Server, Linux, and applications including Apache Tomcat, IIS, MySQL, SQL Server, and SAP.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following attributes: The Engineer needs to participate in the full life cycle of client implementation, including – Requirement gathering, Design, Build, Configuration, Testing and Support. The candidate should be able to interpret and analyze business requirements to identify risks and design appropriate solutions. Current experience deploying and configuring ScienceLogic EM7 and can utilize EM7 for Fault Management, Chassis and Capacity/Performance Management.
Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Key Skills and Experience Requirements
- 3+ years Monitoring systems design and implementation
- 3+ Year configuration and documentation of monitoring systems
- Experience leading monitoring systems knowledge transfer within an organization
- Experience assisting technical teams in identifying false positive events and driving a highly tuned configuration
- Develop and maintain event notification distribution lists
- Maintain and administer monitoring database systems
- Understand and manage systems upgrade path
- Best practice for configuration management for all systems software components
- Assist in implementing systems upgrades and maintenance
- Assist in Level Two/Three support for monitoring and related database system
- Document Level One troubleshooting validation processes
- Understanding of enterprise infrastructure and private cloud systems, such as SAN, converged networking, firewalls, routers, and virtual systems management
- Experience with the following; Cisco UCCE, CVP/VXML, CUCM, ESXi, CUCX-Unity Connection, Windows Server
- Familiarity with basic SQL database administrative tasks
- Familiarity with ITIL v2/v3 IT Service Management framework
- Possess troubleshooting skills in complex systems architecture
- Preferred certifications in Cisco network administration, Windows Server, or Linux.
- SQL administration experience
- Cisco Nexus, IOS/IOS-XE, and Unified Computing Servers (UCS)
- Windows Server 2008 and Active Directory knowledge
- Linux experience
- Experience with VMWare, NetApp
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good documentation, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Self-Motivated, Detail Oriented, Client Oriented