Our client is seeking an Accountant that is smart, highly organized, solid accounting skills with a great work ethic. Hours are standard 8-5 Monday through Friday. Located in Memphis, TN.
Supports financial decision-making information by collecting, analyzing, investigating, and reporting financial data. Position reports to the Chief Financial Officer
Primary Job Functions:
- Prepares monthly statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends. Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations and prepaids; analyzing and reconciling accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Prepares and submits state quarterly and annual tax statements by assembling data. Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Banking functions, collections log, journal entries and system functions.
- Works with multiple departments to ensure that all fees are properly charged and collected as well as issuing reconciled and approved refunds.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations. Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information. Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential. Maintains financial records by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Responds to financial inquiries (both internal and external) by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
Deadline-Oriented, Organized, Managing Profitability, Accounting, Audit, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information , Reporting Research Results, Research Skills, Statistical Analysis, Business Knowledge
Software: Quickbooks, Excel
Experience: 3-5 years experience in Accounting
Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting