Our client is a unique investment firm based in Memphis, Tennessee. Our client is looking for a highly motivated candidate to join the investment team. As a Junior Analyst, you will be involved in every stage of the investment process including idea generation, implementation, maintenance and research. This role will involve working closely with the Director of Investments and the Investment Management Group. Your insight will have a direct impact on portfolio management decisions.
WHAT IT TAKES:
This role requires a highly motivated candidate that is very attentive to details and organized.
- Work directly with the Director of Investments and Investment Management Group to develop new investment ideas.
- Schedule and attend meetings and conference calls with fund managers on a recurring basis.
- Monitor and track performance relative to benchmarks, peer groups, and expectations for fund managers.
- Assist with portfolio and performance reporting, which includes monthly deliverables.
- Coordinate the reporting process with the consulting team.
- Research special initiatives and strategic ideas as directed.
- 1 or more years of related work experience in asset management, personal investments, corporate investments or non-profit.
- Outstanding academic track record from a four-year undergraduate school.
- Timeliness of work output (aversion to procrastination) and attention to details must be strengths
- Ability to work on a team and collaborate with external teams
- Ability to work in a self-managed work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for investing and capital markets.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- If not licensed must pass Series 65 within 3 months
- Interest in pursuing CFA designation a plus
- Must be willing to attend after hours functions as needed