Reports directly to the Project Executive or Project Leader with accountability to Operations Manager.
Provide overall management direction for multiple traditional projects or manage the largest projects the company is qualified to construct. Develop new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, group of Clients or geographical area by creating and maintaining strong relationships with clients and designers.
- Responsible for profit and loss of project.
- Supervise the work of Assistant Project Managers and Project Managers when assigned.
- Review and have thorough understanding of project drawings, specifications, bid packages, and subcontractor scopes.
- Write all subcontracts and purchase orders for direct cost of work items and manage buy-out to ensure that entire scope of work is covered and risk to MMC is minimized.
- Must possess knowledge of Critical Path Method Scheduling (CPM) and the logic and sequence of construction required for building construction or remodeling.
- Develop, review, maintain, and update construction schedules or plans as required. Update the Project Schedule Bi-weekly with the Project Superintendent and develop and implement recovery plans as needed.
- Execute project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy and in cooperation with Project Superintendent.
- Oversee the on site construction and work of Project Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Schedule, lead and document all project meetings with subcontractors, designers and the owner.
- Maintain all project submittals, RFI,s, contract documents, files and correspondence.
- Initiate and maintain relationship with owner and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget;
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
- Lead, assist with or review Project Manager responsibilities as defined by the Project Staff Responsibility Matrix.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year Construction Management, Building Science, Engineering degree or equivalent, plus 10 or more years experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital; Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Significant business skill is required. Must be computer literate and specifically capable of mastering MMC standard Project Management and Scheduling software. Ability to teach and mentor others.
Makes decisions and recommendations which can greatly impact corporate relationship with Client and profitability of projects managed. Makes significant Independent judgments. Responsible for careful observance of corporate policies and objectives. Respected by peers.
FLSA – Exempt.