Our client is a 35-year-old hotel management and development company seeking a Regional Director of Operations based in Atlanta, GA. The Regional Director of Operations (or Area GM) is responsible for overseeing all assigned hotel properties and working with the property based and corporate support teams to help each of these assets reach their full potential in the areas of: revenue generation, management of the middle of the page, associate engagement, guest satisfaction and preserving the asset and will oversee all the GM’s to do the same for the properties they are managing.
Our client is based in Florida and has been named multiple times to Inc's list of fastest growing private companies in the United States. They currently have 23 properties in their management portfolio and offer a dynamic work environment with avenues for professional and personal growth. Emphasis is placed on creating a positive work environment where team members feel like they are part of a family, receive a high level of respect, and are recognized for their merits and accomplishments.
We are seeking an individual who embody the core values that are integral to the company's success:
- Transparent & Accountable
- Humble, Respectful & Dedicated
- Create Value for Shareholders
include, but not limited to:
- Supervise a group of complex, full and select service assets and provide leadership in the oversight of a group of hotels in an effort to help the owner achieve their financial goals.
- Work with property-based and corporate support teams to drive property revenue in the following areas: group, transient and base room revenue; food and beverage revenue, and all other sources of income for the property.
- Focus on outperforming the comp set in RevPAR and delivering maximum revenue potential for each hotel.
- Work with property-based and corporate support teams to insure proper controls are in place to achieve budgeted forecast GOP and to meet or exceed flow-thru targets when revenue is either above or below budget and/or forecast.
- Lead GM’s in an effort to deliver on our promise to our brand partners and guests by providing systemic guest service culture which delivers excellent guest service results as measured by the brand, independent guest satisfaction company and social media vehicles.
- Work with GM and property leaders to insure our associate engagement is very high and that the work environment and culture leads to Banyan Tree Management becoming a true employer of choice.
- Ensure the GM and property-based leaders are properly preserving the assets ensuring cleanliness and condition are high as well as proper preventative maintenance programs are in place.
- Assist in overseeing annual operating plan process, reviewing and approving all components of plan before presentation to the owner.
- Interact with the asset manager for each ownership group, staying proactive and responding when necessary; Instill confidence in our owners.
- Review and respond to company roll-up performance reports, congratulating those who met or exceeded the expectation and diving into those properties where the results are less than acceptable.
- Work directly with the operational VP in providing coaching and counseling in an effort to maximize results
- Develop further operation acumen, leadership, work approach and emotional intelligence skills in each of the General Managers.
- Field calls from asset managers and/or owners’ representatives.
- Assist at company-wide regional property meetings and rallies, supporting our culture of collaboration and synergy.
- Identify and execute strategies where Banyan Tree Management’s size, growth potential and buying power deliver a better product at lower cost for the hotels we manage.
- Identify trends through root cause analysis and through a collaborative approach.
- Develop solutions that will positively affect our overall performance and/ or efficiency.
- Anticipate and plan for platform enhancements needed to deal with the life cycle of the company
- Participate in market and hotel underwriting exercises working closely with other functional team members to prepare and deliver intelligent market and hotel underwriting.
- Participate with business development on certain owner presentations, providing operational expertise to the underwriting discussion.
- Provide counsel to managers around the integration of our culture at all levels in our properties.
- Implement effective exit strategies to address gaps in performance as compared to our results/ culture matrix.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5 years hotel operations experience
- Possess superior communication skills, oral and written.
- Diplomacy, tact, and a helpful, positive, professional presentation and attitude are required.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and results driven professional. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel.
Total compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include a base salary, bonus, and benefits.