Our Client is a nationally recognized hotel management company with a portfolio of over 20 select service hotels throughout the United States. The Senior Vice President of Operations will oversee all hotel properties and work with the Regional Vice Presidents to help properties reach their goals in the areas of revenue and operational excellence as well as associate engagement and guest satisfaction.
include, but not limited to:
- Supervise a group of complex, full and select service assets and provide leadership in the oversight of a group of hotels in an effort to help the owner achieve their financial goals.
- Work with Regional Vice Presidents to drive property revenue in the following areas: group, transient and base room revenue; food and beverage revenue, and all other sources of income for the property.
- Focus on outperforming the comp set in RevPAR and delivering maximum revenue potential for each hotel.
- Work with Regional Vice Presidents to insure proper controls are in place to achieve budgeted forecast GOP and to meet or exceed flow-thru targets when revenue is either above or below budget and/or forecast.
- Lead Regional Vice Presidents in an effort to deliver on our promise to our brand partners and guests by providing systemic guest service culture which delivers excellent guest service results as measured by the brand, independent guest satisfaction company and social media vehicles.
- Work with Regional Vice Presidents to insure our associate engagement is very high and that the work environment and culture leads to company becoming a true employer of choice.
- Ensure the Regional Vice Presidents are monitoring the process of preserving the assets, ensuring cleanliness and condition are high as well as proper preventative maintenance programs are in place.
- Assist in overseeing annual operating plan process, reviewing and approving all components of plan before presentation to the owner.
- Interact with the asset manager for each ownership group, staying proactive and responding when necessary; Instill confidence in our owners.
- Oversee the efforts of the operational VP team members so to achieve the same focus and results as outlined above.
- Review and respond to company roll-up performance reports, congratulating those who met or exceeded the expectation and diving into those properties where the results are less than acceptable.
- Work directly with the operational VP in providing coaching and counseling in an effort to maximize results
- Develop further operation acumen, leadership, work approach and emotional intelligence skills in each of the Regional Vice Presidents and ensure this development cascades to General Managers.
- Field calls from asset managers and/or owners’ representatives if they want to discuss an issue above their operational VP.
- Lead company-wide regional property meetings and rallies, supporting our culture of collaboration and synergy.
- Identify and execute strategies where company’s size, growth potential and buying power deliver a better product at lower cost for the hotels we manage.
- Identify trends through root cause analysis and through a collaborative approach.
- Develop solutions that will positively affect our overall performance and/ or efficiency.
- Anticipate and plan for platform enhancements needed to deal with the life cycle of the company
- Participate in market and hotel underwriting exercises working closely with other functional team members to prepare and deliver intelligent market and hotel underwriting.
- Participate with business development on certain owner presentations, providing operational expertise to the underwriting discussion.
- Provide counsel to managers around the integration of our culture at all levels in our properties.
- Implement effective exit strategies to address gaps in performance as compared to our results/ culture matrix.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 15 years hotel operations experience
- 10 years at the senior management or executive level in a company of similar or larger size, in which the candidate has been responsible for:
- Regional or multi-property oversight;
- Experience working with Hilton, Marriott, and IHG branded hotels;
- Experience with directly overseeing large, complicated full-service hotels and resorts;
- Leadership and organizational development;
- Possess superior communication skills, oral and written.
- Diplomacy, tact, and a helpful, positive, professional presentation and attitude are required.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and results driven professional. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel.
Total compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include a base salary, bonus, and benefits.