Our client is part of a group of companies with its headquarters in Germany which is a 3rd generation family firm. Annual sales are approximately $200 million with over 1000 employees worldwide. They plan, produce and install machines and systems for automation of production processes.
Reporting to the GM, the Controller will be responsible for the financial function and HR strategic and tactical leadership for North America, with a focus on cost-accounting, financial reporting, internal controls and budgeting. The ideal candidate will be based in the Memphis area and be comfortable with the tactical work in accounting - this is a hands on role with a small support team.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase
- orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports annual audits and annual budgets.
- including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements,
- Administer accounts receivable activities related to receivable aging components year-end closing including federal and state reports.
- including billings, cash receipts, applications, funding management, quarter and
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies including Federal, State/Provincial,
- Municipal/Local income, payroll and property taxes.
- Maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes
- and data.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by
- implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
- Manage the accuracy and reporting of the inventory system, including accurate
- cost accounting for all inventory items.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
Additionally this position will be responsible for the following HR-related functions:
- Oversee the processing of payroll, administration of benefit programs and
- educate employees accordingly.
- Understand, interpret and abide by all financial and HR regulations, policies,
- work procedures and instructions.
- Administer and prepare employee separation notices, including conducting exit
- Conduct new hire orientation and facilitate onboarding process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
- CPA preferred.
- Five or more years of experience as a Controller.
- Strong financial leadership skills with the ability to confront problems and resolve discrepancies.
- Considerable knowledge of and proficiency with financial accounting principles, systems and methods, internal control systems and practices, and GAAP.
- Familiarity with percent complete accounting procedures are desired.
- Experience with project profitability and cashflow is preferred.
- Working knowledge of and proficiency with financial auditing principles and methods.
- Working knowledge of state and federal tax regulations, cost accounting, materials requirements planning (“MRP”) and inventory management, auditing techniques, data base systems to maintain records and generate reports, and principles and practices of financial budget preparation and administration.
- Working knowledge of treasury and cash management principles and control systems and methods.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications as well as integrated financial accounting software systems.
- Working knowledge of and proficiency with ERP systems. Experience with SAP specifically is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with researching, developing and documenting financial accounting, internal control and administrative practices, policies and procedures, as well as implementation of same.
- Read, analyze, interpret and apply federal, state and local policies, laws and regulations.
- Prepare financial analyses, reports, statements, business correspondence, procedural manuals and other business documents of professional appearance in a clear, concise and complete fashion.
- Apply mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, financial analysis, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and team-oriented.