As the Director of Talent & Culture you will have the opportunity to build and nurture our culture by leading the development of strategy, systems, processes and effectiveness of our Talent & Culture function. You will drive the culture, core purpose and values by managing the Human Capital functions for all hotel properties. The Talent & Culture function involves talent acquisition, training and performance review. In this leadership role, you will be tasked with attracting talent, building a future talent bench, developing training and onboarding programs while increasing overall retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will most likely include:
Talent & Culture Management
- Promote pathways of communications between all staff and management levels and respond promptly in a courteous, professional manner to hotel staff.
- Source, screen, and interview entry-level to management level positions. High volume recruitment primarily within the Housekeeping, Guest Service and Maintenance department.
- Oversee the creation and execution of all learning development programs, onboarding programs.
- Engages with Company leadership to develop and execute strategies to promote Companies Culture throughout the organization.
- Ensure successful execution of Company sponsored employee engagement programs, events and activities at the hotel operations level.
- Ensure all employee relations/labor relations training and issues have proactive employee/labor relations solutions and outcomes to address concerns/challenges before they escalate and cause unnecessary liability; also in partnership with company leadership, support labor management/administration changes such as: shift changes, realignments, layoffs, grievances.
Talent Acquisition (Attract Talent)
- Lead Talent & Culture efforts to develop & implement flexible Talent Acquisition strategies to meet the continued growth needs including; developing, synthesizing and reporting key recruiting/hiring metrics; and ensuring excellent candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization, and identify opportunities to enhance the Talent Acquisition capability. This role will lead and participate in recruiting process standardization, documentation and process improvement initiatives vital to the success of our company goals.
- Ensure all job descriptions are accurate, up-to-date, and consistent throughout all properties while maintaining control of all changes and updates.
- Direct and instruct management in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure the hiring and retention of quality staff members.
- Provide recruiting strategies and assessment tool analysis, source, screen, interview, extend job offers, conduct reference checking for leadership positions.
- Oversee the coordination of hiring events and job fairs to support resort hiring needs.
- Establish on-going best practices and programs to create a unique arrival process for new team members.
Talent Development (Training)
- Make recommendations to executive leadership for new programs, policies, training, and development opportunities for management and other resort operations staff.
- Oversee the ‘New Hire’ training for all appropriate managers
- Create, maintain and coordinate training programs to provide manager/supervisory development and comply with written existing SOP’s by traveling to each hotel location as required on an established timeline.
- Ensure company P&C programs and initiatives are rolled out simultaneously, continue to have a live and energetic presence at each location.
- Monitor onboarding programs to ensure they are being done to the highest standards and are in compliance.
- Oversee the coaching and counseling program at all hotels, and participate in the training of managers to do coaching and counseling.
- Allow for associates to surface issues of concern that may be addressed in a timely manner.
- Create Succession planning programs and bench building initiatives to promote talent in preparation for growth of future management positions.
- Assist leaders with annual reviews for all direct reports and action plans
- Develop and update annual SOP’s for the properties on all HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with labor laws.
- Conduct exit interviews for all departing managers and supervisors.
- Develop a performance review and salary adjustments program. Monitoring them to ensure they are done equitably and fairly. Reviews performance reviews and identify circumstances which suggest needed counseling. Analyzes evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and goals are measurable and achievable.
- Ensure statutory training requirements are met and coaching/ disciplinary action is administered appropriately and fairly.
- Lead and manage the revisions of any and all HR policies to be in compliance with changing or new legislation. Provides feedback regarding any policies, which may need revision, updating or clarification.
- Ensure compliance state mandated harassment prevention programs are conducted on a monthly basis locally and as needed at remote locations.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or HR-related, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, or HR management experience or higher level is required
- At least 3 years of progressive Human Resources, Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development experience. Expert knowledge of federal and state labor laws and common HR practices and procedures, such as FLSA and ADA. Employee and Labor Relations experience in a similar environment required
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience with complex leadership and HR issues including talent/performance management and HR/talent implications of business decisions.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand primary English language and possess practical verbal and written knowledge of the Spanish language a plus
- Excellent customer service and positive interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate and mediate sensitive and/or confrontational matters and to provide coaching and counseling in a productive and effective manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trust and confidence with employees, managers, and staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and proficiency or the ability to learn quickly with little assistance other software packages
- Strong project/program management skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Oversee all investigations when matters of concern are brought to the attention of Human Resources. Communicate results of investigations to upper management, document to investigative file, and respond in writing to complainant within a reasonably prescribed time frame, keeping complainant abreast of on-going progress of investigation at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Recruiting: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)