The Benefits Consultant performs a multifaceted array of duties in support of the day-to-day operations of the insurance agency. Major activities include assisting clients and potential clients with employee benefit plan design consultation, customer service, enrollment meetings, correspondence (including regularly scheduled client meetings), creating spreadsheets, interaction with agents, carriers and clients, creating proposals, filing, completing/processing applications, payments and enrollments, collecting data and systematic follow up to insure accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as employee benefit plan consultant and customer service liaison between customer (group client, insured, carrier) and agency, client or carrier via telephone, email, letter and in person.
- Perform regular client visits to continuously provide guidance/education and high level of customer service.
- Routinely revisit client wants and expectations to determine need for adjustment or change in services provided.
- Work with client to obtain all relevant information for quotes, plan design and proposals. Assist as needed to submit information to carrier, follow up and receive quotes in timely manner.
- Review and finalize spreadsheet comparing quotes.
- Prepare proposal for presentation to client.
- Advise client of carrier eligibility requirements, employer contributions, care management and prior authorization expectations and network coverage limitations.
- Consult with client to determine contribution and eligibility strategies that best meet client needs.
- Maintain client privacy and confidentiality in accordance with all federal, state, local and company requirements.
- Promptly notify President of any questions or suspected issues with confidentiality or privacy.
- Maintain current insurance license at the appropriate licensure level in accordance with applicable state law.
- Work together with client and/or clients authorized agent to insure accurate and timely deductions for group plans.
- Direct and manage group enrollment (new and recurring open) according to carrier requirements and agency procedures.
- Function as liaison between group and carrier to identify enrollment errors. Coordinate enrollment ads and deletes with billing reconciliation efforts.
- Assist customers with policy questions and change requests. Notify President of any non standard or inappropriate requests.
- Per carrier requirements and agency procedures, process new applications and payments, document payment receipt and forward to carrier.
- File all applications, notes, quotes, proposals, contracts and correspondence in accordance with agency procedures.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent (preferred)
- A.S. degree or equivalent 2 year post high school certificate
- Current licensed in state of Georgia as life and health insurance agent
- Minimum 2 years insurance industry experience in key account management and/or sales
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel/Spreadsheet
- Microsoft PowerPoint/Proposal