Our client, a nearly 100 year old bank in Memphis, is searching for a Sales Assistant to support the Payment Processing Sales Team. This position is primarily responsible for assisting the Sales Team in the establishment and maintenance of accounts. The incumbent handles routine transactions and account relationships while supporting the Sales Team. The incumbent provides the highest quality of service to every customer.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist Sales Team with the initial stages of the customer onboarding through timely and accurate delivery of information
- Provide additional sales support by scheduling appointments, ensuring client assignment is accurate, creating prospect lists, following up with and consistently contacting clients and prospects with letters, emails, etc.
- Support the Implementation Team by securing necessary documents, following up, participating, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Provide superior client service, taking ownership of client needs, problems, and requests, following through to ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Assist in basic servicing of client accounts, including completion of necessary forms and documentation, verifying accuracy of account openings and providing additional information as need by others
- Participate in special projects and assignments and performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of customer service experience, or relevant work experience in the financial services industry.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Microsoft Office suite required
- Special software: ability to learn Payment Processing systems
- Must possess accurate keyboard, spelling and grammar skills as well as superior written and oral communication skills
- Must possess the ability to set priorities, manage tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be willing and capable of defining problems and taking initiative to propose practical solutions
- Some travel may be required on an as needed basis to attend trainings and conferences