Our client is looking for a qualified entry level developer to support the in-house application development, testing and deployment of custom software. Seeking a team member who can participate in collaborative projects with customers and fellow colleagues that involve the creation of new features within custom modules, and development within custom software. This team member should be creative, prepared to work in a self-managed, collaborative environment. The position requires individual with strong analytical, design, organizational and communication skills and can work independently.
Responsible to produce quality code for software and the translation of specifications into physical software assets.
Provide expertise in all aspects of development life cycle.
- Design and develop back end Microsoft SQL Server database objects under the direction of our Senior Vice President Information Technology
- Design and develop front end Microsoft ASP .NET web logic under the direction of our SVPIT
- Develop Windows services and web application
- Become an expert in our chosen Content Management System (CMS)
- Participate in customer design conference calls and meetings
- Create detailed design specifications as well as program specifications by bringing in fresh thinking and offering constructive feedback
- Support existing processes and implement change requirements as part of a structured change control process. Develop workflows and custom solutions to address specific customer needs.
- Develop comprehensive release plan for promotion of the code into live and hand-over to operational support
- Work independently or as part of a team as the work requires. Participate fully in team planning and work with colleagues to continuously improve the team’s performance
- Problem solve issues that arise in day to day running of processes and provide timely responses and solutions as required
- Excellent working knowledge of ASP.NET;
- Knowledge of Java is a plus
- Create and document test procedure and scenarios for test automation and user acceptance tests
- Identify opportunity for automation and evaluate Robotic Process Automation opportunities.
- Self-motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
- Capable of reasoning and thinking through problems and developing desired solutions, independently or with others as required
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience of the full software development life cycle including design, testing, deployment, documentation and support activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Based in the Memphis area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile software development lifecycle, including experience of applying change control procedures and disciplines required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and/or NoSQL is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft ASP.NETis a must
- Proficiency in Web API, Web Services is required
- Knowledge of Java is a plus.
- BS/MS in CS, EE or similar technology focus preferred
- 1-3 years of experience; Entry level will be considered with the correct education