Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
Under the direct supervision of the executives of the company, including the President, Co-Chairmen and Executive Vice Presidents, this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the company, as well as some office management duties. The Administrative Assistant/Office Manager answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and activities for all members of the company.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for the office.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copiers, telephone system, postage machine, etc.
- Ensures that conference/teleconference/video rooms and equipment are functioning and organizes conference rooms for meetings.
- Creates and develops documents and visual presentations for the team.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the executives and other team members.
- Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of trade journals and magazines.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Helps organize monthly corporate expense receipts and purchases (American Express, etc.)
- Sorts and distributes mail for the executives. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answers phones for executives. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, which may include: coordinating direct mailings, maintaining or updating the company’s contact database.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
No out of town travel requirements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- 3-5 years of administrative experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.