IT Business Intelligence
Enable our client to make better decisions through the use of appropriate and timely information delivered by utilizing the right BI tools. The Business Intelligence candidate will pull together and aggregate data from multiple sources into an efficient data warehouse. In addition, this role will design enterprise-level BI solutions utilizing a variety of backend data sources.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead efforts to design and plan various BI enterprise solutions utilizing a variety of data sources that could reside on premise or in the cloud.
- Debug, monitor and troubleshoot BI solution.
- Design, develop, and maintain various Data Warehouses, Multidimensional Cubes, and Complex Data Models, etc.
- Design and develop data security framework for data access.
- Expert knowledge utilizing ETL (extract transfer and load) tools.
- Create and deploy reports, dashboards, visualizations, cubes, models, etc.
- Meet directly with end users to gather and document reporting requirements.
- Write complex relational and multidimensional database queries.
- Configure and/or tune environment for best performance.
- Administrative paperwork as assigned.
Educational Qualifications and Experience Required
- 4-year degree required
- Masters preferred
- 6 or more years of experience developing BI solutions
- Must have significant experience working with BI tools such as SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio and PowerBI.
- Must have solid understanding of business principles and typical reporting needs of various functional groups.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to bridge the gap between business need and technical solution.
- Must be able to train end users on how to properly utilize the various BI tools.
- Must have experience using at least 1 programming language.
- Must have proven project management experience.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines.
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately.
- Must be able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to travel 15% of the month.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.