The Administrative Assistant provides skilled administrative support to management in the centers, by managing various routines, processes and responsibilities that are essential in management’s effectiveness. These activities typically may include answering phones, conducting research, preparing reports and detailed spreadsheets, gift card and petty cash reconciliation, handling information requests, and performance of clerical functions such as the preparation of correspondence, maintenance of calendars, reception of visitors and tenants, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. The Administrative Assistant also supports the marketing department assisting with the implementation of merchant meetings, events and promotions including, but not limited to, setup, staffing and take down of events, soliciting participation, drafting and distributing memos, updating and posting information to the center website and scheduling email blasts & social media messages. This position must be able to work all shifts and all days of the week including weekends and overtime when required.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Tasks common to all Administrative Assistants
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, and other company documents, using word processing, spreadsheets, database, or presentation software.
- Create and maintain files, electronic and hard-copy.
- Research and respond to information requests concerning topics within the managers’ areas of responsibility.
- Tasks applicable to this position
- Provide administrative support for General Manager and lifestyle center management, including the Operations Manager and his/her administrative needs.
- Answer phones, greet and assist customers, tenants, contractors & visitors with requests.
- Provide clerical support including, but not limited to, filing, faxing, mail processing, ordering office supplies, taking meeting minutes, data entry, updates to property manuals and handbooks, memo preparation, website updates, etc.
- Facilitate gift card orders, including on-line, prepare daily and monthly reports and make bank deposits. Train new tenants on gift card procedures in tandem with Marketing Coordinator, if applicable.
- Create and maintain accounting and financial reports.
- Maintain an accounting of and collect rent payments from temporary tenants, sponsors, and advertisers. Ensure payments are received by their due dates and checks are sent to the lockbox with accompanying paperwork in a timely and efficient manner. Send copies of forms and checks to the appropriate personnel. When applicable calculate any late payments pursuant to Agreement language and draft an invoice for General Manager to approve. Send invoice, secure late payment and send to lockbox.
- Process mail and oversee funds for postage machine.
- Prepare, sort and code invoices and expense reports.
- Oversee all property utility accounts, maintain spreadsheets and establish rapport with utility accounts receivable departments. When necessary transfer utility accounts to and from Landlord’s name; follow up for accuracy. If applicable, maintain Energy Star Portfolio Manager Account in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure all information is current and inclusive.
- Manage petty cash and submit for reimbursement with approval of General Manager. Manage fax, copy and conference room monies; send revenues monthly to lockbox.
- Read all newspaper subscriptions, report relative stories to respective departments, and maintain clippings for files.
- Assist marketing coordinator with marketing initiatives and events including after hours and weekend events as requested. In tandem with the marketing coordinator, assist with the maintenance of the center website, post events, promotions & job opportunities, send email blasts and update social media.
- Manage and assure compliance with tenant and vendor insurance requirements, roof access and property logs. Report roof leaks to warranty provider and follow up for compliance.
- Oversee proper function of office equipment including the copier, fax and postage machine.
- Oversee maintenance of kitchen area including stocking of supplies and contracted cleaning of space.
A minimum of high school diploma plus at least 4 years applicable experience; OR business school graduate with at least 2 years applicable experience; OR 4-year degree and demonstrated ability in the skills and knowledge requirements.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
Clerical – Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing and other office technology, managing files and records, business correspondence and standard office procedures and terminology.
Computers and Electronics – Competency in use of office computers and related hardware; experience in the use of office software including MSWord, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Administration and Management – Understanding of general business and management principles involved in coordination of people and resources, and in standard business practices and office etiquette.
General – Excellent phone etiquette, team player attitude, strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and enjoy a busy work environment and flexibility to work additional hours when needed including weekends.
Understanding of time management principles, in regard to accomplishing assignments and effective use of own time and time of others.
High level of reading comprehension, and ability to understand complex business documents. Effective in personal communication, both verbal and written.
Ability to adjust to changing priorities and identify alternative solutions to problems.
Understanding of website maintenance, social media tools and functionality.