Our client is based in the Florida panhandle area. They are seeking a Financial Controller with branded hotel experience. The Financial Controller will report to the Director of Hotels and be a proven leader who will be responsible for the financial management, record keeping and reporting of all financial operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create an annual operating budget for hotels and provide analytical support to identify cost savings and productivity opportunities.
- Prepare financial analyses, create variance reports and make recommendations to ensure the achievement of financial targets.
- Review all capital projects to ensure funds committed are accurate.
- Provide a regular cycle of financial forecasting to departments.
- Assist in the formation of an annual operating plan, capital budgets and other financial reporting as requested.
- File and process monthly assessments, quarterly payroll taxes, and sales and use taxes.
- Complete Profit and Loss reviews with all Department Heads.
- Foster and maintain a collaborative team environment that focuses on high quality service delivery to internal clients.
- Hire, manage and support the professional development of team members in the accounting department.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong hotel finance knowledge
- 1-2+ years of experience working with Branded hotels; Marriott and/or Hyatt preferred.
- 2+ years of financial analysis / forecasting experience.
- Motivated, self-directed individual who is able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other strong quantitative field
- MBA or CPA a plus