The Technical Support Specialist's role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish daily tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, actively resolving and documenting end user requests via email, phone, or other methods. Monitoring device connectivity while resolving or escalating potential issues. Problem resolution may involve the use of proprietary utilities, diagnostic and tracking tools, client training and / or hands-on assistance. Must have computer and internet access at home for mandatory on-call.
Technical Support Specialists interact regularly with all levels of internal management and non-management personnel, as well as various levels of clients, including but not limited to corporate group executives, pharmacy owners, long-term care administrators, pharmacists, order entry technicians, nurses, and medication aides.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provide first level technical support relating to client issues with proprietary software.
· Provide basic technical support at the network level: connectivity, routers, firewalls, security.
· Provide basic remote access solution implementation and support.
· Monitor device connectivity, resolve issues, engage clients for assistance as necessary.
· Perform hands-on fixes including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
· Test fixes (when necessary) to ensure problem has been resolved.
· Escalate problems (when necessary) to the appropriate experienced Technical Support Analyst.
· Record, track, and document any problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
· Document all pertinent client information in ticketing system.
· Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
· Access software update information, knowledge base and additional resources to aid in problem resolution.
· Learn proprietary software and hardware used and supported by this organization.
· Communicate with customers as required via phone and remote access, providing progress and resolution updates, notification of impending changes, etc.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 0-3 years of related experience.
· Problem solving skills.
· Ability to communicate technical information to a wide variety of users.
· Understanding of principles and practices of customer service.
· Plan, organize, prioritize and process work to ensure that deadlines are met; organize and manage multiple assignments and priorities.
· Read, comprehend and retain technical information on computer products and systems.
· Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered during the course of the work day.