Our client, a faith-based non-profit seeks a qualified individual for the position of Director of Development. Our client, a non-profit corporation, is a partnership among evangelical churches, local businesses and public-school systems that exists to strengthen students both academically and spiritually to enable them to enter third grade reading on grade level. Our client desires to take an active role in the development of children in our community through the presence of committed volunteers who will be trained to coach students using a simple sight-word approach.
The Director of Development will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for raising all the funds necessary to fund the operations.
- Serve as liaison between the Financial Advisory Board and Executive Director and President.
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising initiative to support the operations.
- Maintain an active portfolio of major donor prospects including foundations, businesses, churches, and individuals to solicit for donations.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and President to coordinate speaking engagements.
- Create and provide monthly donor reports of solicitation efforts and results to the Executive Director and President and any others as directed by the Executive Director.
- Oversee and be responsible for all grant applications.
- Oversee the creation, preparation and dissemination of all marketing materials utilized for raising funds.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree is required.
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous successful fund-raising experience.
- The successful candidate for this position must be highly organized and possess excellent marketing and speaking skills; be competent in the use of Word, Excel, and Outlook; can perform tasks and complete projects with little or no supervision.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation for travel throughout the county.