Our client, an Atlanta-based general contracting and construction management company, is seeking a Project Accountant.
The primary responsibility of the Project Accountant is providing accounting functions and project administration for assigned projects.
Specific project accountant responsibilities include project set up, project billing, client relations, insurance and change order verifications, etc. This position works closely with Project
Managers and executive staff.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Track and maintain all subcontracts, including change orders, lien releases, W‐9 and preliminary notices
- Ensure invoices for all projects are correctly coded
- Provide administrative and clerical support on assigned projects as necessary
- Prepare and submit lien waivers on projects
- Review approved subcontractor applications for payment and reconcile to previous submissions and accounting software (Sage 100 Contractor)
- Notify Project Manager of inconsistencies on received applications for payment. (i.e. sub billing change orders not awarded in Sage)
- Work with Project Manager and subcontractor to obtain revised subcontractor billing, if necessary
- Work closely with Controller and PM to prepare, post and submit monthly billing to the clients
- Assist in annual external Insurance and Financial Audits
- Maintain organized project contract files
- Review and process expense reimbursements for employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Construction Management, or related field
- Strong research and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work performed
- Highly organized, trustworthy, and self‐directed
- Responds in a timely manner to vendors, consultants and staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- 1‐3 years of accounting experience