Our client, a Memphis based non-profit, is seeking an individual who is organized, efficient, manages time well, has excellent office skills, is personable and enjoys working with volunteers in a non-profit setting.
Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in conjunction with yearly calendar.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet members and visitors to headquarters.
- Performs clerical support for the President and reports all aspects of the Office Manager’s secretarial, administrative and managerial duties to the President.
- Works independently and assumes responsibility to complete tasks as needed in a timely manner.
- May make recommendations necessary to maintain smooth operations of projects.
- Occasionally assumes additional work as requested by members and necessary projects.
- Leadership and administrative abilities required in conjunction with social sensitivity of relationship with volunteers.
- Effective and accurate communication (verbal or written) with individuals about organization matters.
- General clerical duties including answering the phone, responding to emails, typing, faxing, scanning, copying, filing and processing incoming mail.
- Entering computer data with knowledge of basic operating systems and programs. Must be proficient in Word, Excel and email marketing platforms.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be proficient in drafting, editing and proofreading all written communication for accuracy and clarity with appropriate follow-up as necessary.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations regarding the organization’s business.
- Maintains a professional appearance during working hours.
- Ability to schedule meetings and coordinate activities of the club.
- Maintains club information in the computer system with accuracy and confidentiality.
- Manages and maintains headquarters during working hours.