Office Manager - Pediatrics
Reports to: Managing Physician
Summary: Rare opportunity with a leading Pediatric office in the East Memphis area – the Office Manager is responsible for all business and administrative aspects of the practice and its operations. This includes, but is not limited to, personnel/resource administration, financial management, practice development/marketing, practice administration, and implementation of policies through development of goals, objectives, plans and procedures. The Office Manager acts on behalf of the practice in all business affairs of the practice at the direction of the physician partners. Highly competitive compensation package.
- Coordinate with CPA and oversee all financial management including billing, collections, A/R, A/P, month end financial statements, profitability monitoring, payroll, and budgeting.
- Manage entire staff efficiently while maintaining a welcoming office culture.
- Administer benefit plans for physicians and staff including profit sharing, 401(k) plans, as well as medical and voluntary insurance.
- Coordinate and oversee communications with information systems manager (ISM).
- Assist with training on all platforms.
- Assist with implementation of new EMR system.
- Responsible for human resource functions within office including recruitment, new hire orientation, employee reviews, disciplinary processes, conflict resolution, scheduling, salary policies, and continuing education programs.
- Responsible for practice development, marketing, and public relations.
- Conduct and run staff and physician meetings.
- Serve as policy officer and conduct all HIPAA training and compliance for the practice.
- Oversee maintenance and security of appropriate office premises, property, and equipment.
- Stay up to date on principles and practices of private practice health care administration, government regulations, managed care, and other third parties.
- Independent and analytical thinker with high degree of initiative, good judgement, and discretion.
- Effective relationship builder with ability to delegate.
- Able to prioritize effectively and make recommendations for continuous operational improvement.
- Able to research, analyze, and interpret complex data and present accurate and comprehensive reports to physician partners as required.
- Strong negotiation skills with contracts and vendors.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and EMR systems.