Our client is a privately held company based in Memphis, TN. The Chemical Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of chemical manufacturing operations. This position will be responsible for the technical support, manufacturing & maintenance teams and capital projects of bulk chemical processes leading a team of approximately 15 people. In addition, the Chemical Operations Manager should have an entreprenuerial mindset as he/she will work closely with the senior leadership team to improve and grow business. The is a hands-on role where you will be on the manufacturing floor. It is a day shift position.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Manage the day to day chemical manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing team supporting equipment such as boilers.
- Create standard work instructions.
- Work with R&D teams to scale new products and assist in the innovation process.
- Directly manage manufacturing and maintenance teams.
- Drive continuous improvement through lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Member of the senior leadership team.
- Any and all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of ten combined years of experience in chemical plant operations.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a leadership capacity.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software systems including, Microsoft Office.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to translate technical knowledge to the manufacturing team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to engage and influence the organization