Our client is a third generation, family run business. The main facility is in Memphis plus 3 additional remote facilities. The current HR Manager will retire and they are seeking the right person to fill this role. Our client is in the manufacturing and distribution business, meaning the successful candidate will be able to work at all levels with in the 100 employee organization. The company believes in a customer first model, and this person needs to share that belief.
- Manage full cycle talent acquisition process, including recruitment, sourcing, selection assessment, ad generation and postings for effective exposure to attract high quality candidates
- Maintain data on applicants, interviews and hires, promotions and terminations
- Prepare offer letters and conduct background verifications
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals
- Keeps record of insurance coverage, pension plan, and personnel transactions and performance reviews
- Conducts wage survey within labor market to determine competitive wage rate
- Prepares budget of human resources operations
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as transportation, or relocation service
- Keeps records of hired employee characteristics for governmental reporting purposes
- Administer all types of leaves of absence and file claims as required
- Administer all required Drug testing programs
- Track and process the Driver’s Safety Program
- Prepare end of year documents for “personal mileage” tax adjustments
- Create and deliver presentations of various nature
- Plan and execute all employee luncheons, outings and various meeting
- Supervise and backup the Payroll Administrator
- Bachelors degree and SHRM certification
- Or two to four years related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience