The Regional Manager will provide overall vision, planning, direction and control to 5 extended stay hotels in a 5 state region to exceed operating and financial goals. The RM will provide guidance and motivation to managers and other staff. The successful leader must set objectives, monitor performance, train and develop team members while focusing on high quality and standards to exceed our customer’s expectations. Ideal candidate will have property management experience such as apartments.
Essential functions and key tasks
- Leads in the development of overall financial and business planning as well as selling new businesses and growing existing business.
- Manages team members in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer service.
- Leads and directs the overall operations of multiple facilities in accordance with customer needs, government regulations and company policies, with focus on providing and maintaining customer service.
- Develops team members through appropriate training, coaching and mentoring to ensure strong operational performance.
- Maintains a high level of quality in each facility to meet client’s expectations.
- Develops and implements operational policies, procedures, and standards to achieve company goals.
- Conducts on-site hotel visits and prepares property reports and action plans for owners, management companies, general managers and corporate staff.
- Aids in establishing, communicating and implementing new brand operating standards, tools and resources.
- Takes ownership of regional results by analyzing property data and providing potential solutions to increase guest satisfaction and improve operating efficiencies, reduce expenses and maximize revenue.
- Manages regional expenses to be within annual budgetary guidelines.
- Participates in brand goals and the successful rollout of initiatives and programs.
- Provides technical and knowledge guidance as subject matter experts.
- Focuses on the needs of the guest and is observant of guest behaviors relative to the experience each brand strives to deliver.
- Increases hotel satisfaction with brand operations services support and responsiveness by demonstrating self-management and discipline to effectively work within the hotel service delivery process.
- Partners with other internal departments to continuously optimize service delivery process.
- Acts as the “voice” of the franchise with corporate staff.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Directly supervises 9-15 associates at each of the hotel properties, including the General Manager and Assistant General Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or five to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.