Position: Dispatcher/Supervisor Reports to: Facility Manager. The Dispatcher/Supervisor communicates back and forth with the Customer, Vendors and Drivers to assist with problem resolution. This individual handles incoming vendor pick up request, directs drivers, and resolves service issues or escalates them as needed.
Key Job Functions:
- Route next day’s deliveries and Vendor pick ups
- Follow up with drivers to ensure delivery/vendor pick up was completed
- Schedule vendor pick ups
- Handle performance issues with drivers
- Ensure trailer fleet is maintained – follow up with leasing company on needs and repairs
- Assign and update driver pay
- Ensure driver paperwork is accounted for on deliveries and pick ups.
- Preform other job related duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- High School or GED
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer whether via phone or email
- Must be proficient in Microsoft
- Must have routing/transportation experience
*Hours for this position will be 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM or a similar mid-shift