This position will be responsible for generating revenue by offering full logistics services to existing Pathmark customers and will find/initiate new customers through the use of existing company sales forces. In addition, the position is responsible for managing all aspects of a high-volume supply chain/logistics operation to ensure consistent high-level service quality and customer satisfaction. The selected candidate will be responsible for division profitability, cost efficient operations, compliance with company policies and procedures, and quality management systems. They will also model and act in accordance with our guiding principles and core values. The successful candidate will be professional, people-oriented, highly motivated, and a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Accountable for achieving prescribed company objectives in regard to cost, quality, productivity, customer service and profit
- Analyze management and financial reports, budgets, expense reports and forecasts for department.
- Business plan, goal development and successful implementation.
- Continuous focus on the improvement of his/her processes in order to ensure the customer's needs are met for high quality, cost effective logistics services while, at the same time, meeting Corporate values and objectives
- Comply with and participate in the company safety program while maintaining the integrity of customer product.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking and participation in professional organizations.
- Maintain a clean, professional and safe working environment by inspecting and scheduling maintenance, and ensuring that all office and warehouse equipment is properly accounted for and in safe working condition.
- Oversee administrative functions to ensure all paperwork is processed efficiently, in a timely manner and meets all compliance requirements.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs, and ensures the efficient operation of all office and warehouse activities
- Recruitment, interviewing, discipline, training, evaluation and scheduling of all division staff.
- Review and monitor outbound and inbound transportation lanes to ensure the most profitable way to move freight throughout the network.
The selected candidate will have excellent organizational, written, verbal, interpersonal communication, presentation, and customer service skills as well as, the ability to manage multiple priorities within deadline. In addition, the candidate must be computer literate using Microsoft products. A minimum of 5+ years management experience in a 3PL/Warehousing operation. Routing/Transportation is a plus.