About The Organization: Our client applies investment principles – quantitative and qualitative analysis - to disrupt our city’s persistent cycle of poverty. Specifically, they identify, fund, and accelerate a portfolio of organizations with highly effective solutions that improve the quality of life for Memphians living in poverty. Our client is modeled after Robin Hood, New York's largest poverty-fighting organization.
About The Position: Our client is seeking an individual to help support and streamline the day-to-day operations of the organization.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Operations/Administration: Assist CEO with internal controls (i.e. organizing office operations and procedures, data entry, reporting, bookkeeping, budgeting, etc).
- Stakeholder Relations: Develop and maintain relationships with nonprofit partners and investors by providing support, information, and guidance; translating needs into opportunities.
- Help build and oversee framework to track investor information (i.e. Salesforce, Network For Good, etc.).
- Assist with planning and organizing special events.
- Help execute communication, marketing, and fundraising strategies; manage and update social media tools (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc.).
- Assist with grant research and grant writing as needed.
- Strong knowledge of the digital media landscape
- Proven record of organizational leadership; ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Appropriate levels of humility, confidence, empathy, and risk-taking.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop solutions, and translate insights into high-level guidance and tactical execution.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; relentless work ethic.
- Strong work ethic with ability to operate independently.
- 3+ years of professional experience in the private or nonprofit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree required.